Saturday, October 9, 2010

just so you know

picture courtesy of Flickr

I hadn't remembered that I don't feel giddy or lightheaded any longer at the sight of you. Or that the word euphoria didn't make itself a constant presence in my mind's vocabulary. I will go through the tagged pictures without any feeling inside me. Cos yeah, that's how I feel about you. I'm guessing you wouldn't even stop to think how much you made me happy but I guess the 'happiness' wasn't really worth it.

The incessant text conversations make me go a little nostalgic and the important dates saved in my phone calendar do make me go a bit more nostalgic but that's it. Constant whiffs of the fragrance you so famously wore makes itself a regular presence in my life. Remember the day we went to the beach with our friends one Sunday evening? How we carelessly kicked back sand and held hands amidst the emotional waves and bright blue sky is still imprinted on my mind.

Just like those picture perfect postcards I used to collect back when I was younger. I'll miss your hugs and that flashing smile. And once how you quickly changed a song on the stereo system in your car just cos I casually mentioned that the song was my current favourite and also my ringtone.

But that's it. I hope you know now that you cease to exist in my not-so-perfect life.

No comments:

Post a Comment